Facebook Click here to find out more!

just getting started and need help...

Item Posts    Sort Order

just getting started and need help...

she_said_she_was_18 she_said_she_was_18
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/26/08
10:10 PM

i have a 2000 pontiac grand am gt 3.4 that i want to make faster...so if anyone has any tips on which parts i should add first and what not it would be greatly appricaiated....and of course if anybody wants to ship some free stuff to me i certainly wouldnt deny it.....  

nissanztt nissanztt
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/30/08
12:09 AM

Don't buy a grand am and expect it to be fast. Save for the car you want, I know it's not a grand am. Don't do anything to it so you at least can sell it when need be.  

she_said_she_was_18 she_said_she_was_18
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 09/01/08
05:15 PM

the car was a hand me down and i have had it for a while...its not even worth sellin because its got 180k miles on it and i just wanna work on it so when i get a car that i like and want to put *** in it i dont *** it up...so i decided to start on this car so if i *** it up its not big deal...  

MustGoFaster_RT_TT MustGoFaster_RT_TT
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/14/08
08:27 PM

Buy TIRES!  Tires put what power it has to the ground.  In any form or racing that involves turning, tires are key!  But even more important than tires it the DRIVER.  Yeah it's "simple enough", but looking back after my first year of autoX, I see just how much I have improved, and just how much further I have to go.  (A long ways)  The driver mod is the best one.  Drive a slow car fast or a fast car slow.