Facebook Click here to find out more!

Help with Boost

Item Posts    Sort Order

Help with Boost

TurboWhips TurboWhips
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/06/09
06:05 PM

ok i have been at this for some time now trying to figure out whats going on with my ride, first a little info on it , is a 95 Dodge Neon, with a 2.4 DOHC SRT turbo. fully built 8:1.1 compression, AGP Wategate actuator rated @ 14psi. THe issue im having is that my boost gauge which is tapped at the intake throttle body nipple doesnt peg anymore than say 3-4 psi, but the car is pulling nicely...why is this, my Vac is around -20/-22, and ive tried using 2 diffrent boost gauges by Autometer. so i know my gauge is not broken. the Wastegate as mentioned is rated for 14 psi, why am i not seeing that on the gauge? I have done several boost leak tests and found no leaks whatsoever. ive replaced the wastegate twice trying to eliminate issues , but i have the same problem, can anyone help, and also my fuel is intact @ 11.9-12.4 sometimes even richer than that, so i know im getting fuel...this just really sucks  
When the Boost hits, we all gonna be in the trunk..

TurboWhips TurboWhips
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/06/09
06:23 PM

i forgot to mention some of the symptoms , i hear like a huge rush of air when doing the boost leak test ,but isnt that from air hitting the butterfly shaft, or could that actually be a leak inside that is fooling me? another thing is that sometimes around 5K or higer (mind you the turbo falls right around 5-6K it will go completely lean sometimes, like hitting a brick wall, could this be a sign of a leak, last thing is a occasionally get a backfire when shifting from 1st to 2nd sometimes 3rd...doesnt do it everytime but more often than not. sometmes i can predict it  
When the Boost hits, we all gonna be in the trunk..