Facebook Click here to find out more!

Any info on this turbo would be great!

Item Posts    Sort Order

Any info on this turbo would be great!

H.M.S. H.M.S.
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/23/09
04:53 PM

Hi, I am new to this site and to the concept of turbocharging. I have this turbo and I don't know what it is or what it came from or what I can use it on. Any information at all would be awsome!

IMG 0310

IMG 0309  

sleeper92 sleeper92
New User | Posts: 30 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/28/09
04:38 PM

Bro,not sure it looks about like mine.Are there any other ser or numbers on that turbo?Its a nice looking turbo tho.  

TurboWhips TurboWhips
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/06/09
06:36 PM

does it not have a model number printed on it? looks like a garret unit of course maybe gt30r? maybe not quite so big  
When the Boost hits, we all gonna be in the trunk..

higginz92 higginz92
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/10/09
09:21 PM

I've done some researching and this perticular turbocharger will lag somewhat more the most turbochargers which the cause is from the compresser wheels, fits in most cars like 4 Wheel Drive Nissan Patrols and Honda Civic's. The Ball-Bearing M24 Garrett AR/60 is a big turbocharger and not sure if its true but apparently can put anywere between 300-700hpr. Air-Ratio is about 60, but the smaller the Air-Ratio is the quicker it will spool up.

Basically its good, and its big, but it takes a while to spool up, and the main fault is the compresser wheel can malfunction easy.

Hope that helps  

Madmike66 Madmike66
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/31/10
03:51 AM

Hello there im new to this forum dont really know how it operates just yet but will get there, Any way i have a turbo build on the go right now was just hoping to get a few simple questions answered!  i am building a custom manifold myself just wondering if you new what gauge the steel should be? next is the ignition timing im getting a g reddy piggy back but is it necessary is if you only running 0.6 bar boost(about 8.7psi) thanks hope you can help!