Facebook Click here to find out more!

91 eagle talon tsi 4g63

Item Posts    Sort Order

91 eagle talon tsi 4g63

punx4life85 punx4life85
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 06/20/07
04:05 PM

i just bought this car for 1200 bux. its got 152xxx miles. its running at a vaccuum of 15-20 psi and on the freeway it will get maybe get 5 lbs of boost... i checked all the hoses and theres no cracks or anything..... can n e one help me Confused  

AWD.Turbo AWD.Turbo
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 06/21/07
05:26 PM

You know you have a DSM right? Go to DSMTuners.com, sign up on there, and ask your question in the newbie section. Make sure you type everything out, and try to have no grammer errors, they have lots of rules and are very strict. This place seems to get no replys, theres a post in the forced induction forum that had 792 views but no replys. I dont see you getting anywhere here.

Good luck :/  

Hornet11 Hornet11
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/14/09
03:07 PM

hey,
Hmmm, if you don't have a boost leak then u must be 100% stock. Since stock DSMs boost about 8 - 10 lbs. In order to bring it up, you can either get a boost controller, or get a bigger set up. But if I were you I would rebuild that engine. Just to make sure she doesn't die since they like to crank walk a lot. Good Luck!  

bensbaby bensbaby
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/23/09
07:30 PM

I know what it is lol 100%%%%%

Im a huge dsmer myself and i have a 550hp 1990 and a 1993 awd with 450hp.

Its the watergate actuator rod fell off the turbo flapper ....very common the clip rusted.
hook it back up and put a cotter pin in it.  

drewmen19 drewmen19
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/09/10
08:17 PM

um its the 7 bolt motor that likes to crankwalk and its only in the second gen.  So if u were trying to be smart you failed cuz a 91 is a first gen and has a 6 bolt more reliable motor. i have a 1990 eagle talon tsi awd so i know a little bit about the motor  

1991eatsiawdturbo 1991eatsiawdturbo
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/29/10
06:18 AM

Hi, you seem to know quite a bit about 1991 eagle talon Tsi AWDs. I am new to these wonderful vehicles.  I recently purchased two 1991 Eagle Talon Tai AWD turbos.  Could you tell me how your getting so much hp?  I would like more power, but Im not really wanting to do anything big, like replacing the turbo or any thing like that.  If you or anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated. Thanks  

tuner9069 tuner9069
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/30/10
01:30 PM

Hi, Ive also got a 91' eagle talon tsi awd, i dnt kno exactly how much hp im pushin, but i can tell u a few things that might help u, the 1st gen talons tsi stock are pushin 210, the 4g63 1st gen block is capable of supporting up to 1000 hp as long as u have forged internals. if ur wantin to get more power and save money without upgrading the turbo, its not gonna happen, i understand y u dnt want to upgrade ur turbo, the upgrades no matter how small they can be are expensive,but getting parts for these cars are gonna be. ur gonna need a larger turbo, id go with a 255lph walbro fuel pump upgrade, personally i bored mine .020 over with wiseco pistons and manley rods, with my upgrade i didnt have to get larger injectors but u u will have to if u want more than 300. most people i kno stick with the stock exhaust manifold, but they do tend to crack around 100000 miles. easy fix. ive got a evo 3 BIG 16g turbo with 20g compressor which isnt that big but it can be used with ur stock intercooler, if u want more power than u can upgrade it tho, also u can use a boost controler, some companies make engine management systems or pigy-backs which if u get the right one and hardware u can control and adjust ur air/fuel mixture and more. along with more power ur gonna need better suspension and braces front and rear. the talons are known for theyr handling not being the best. tein's a good brand for coilovers they can be adjustable too they also make a controler the shape and size of a head unit so u can adjust ur coilovers from inside the car just dnt do it when ur driving. the talons are also known for having rough idle, there is a fix to it but i cant remember the web site. For more power u can liten up the vehicle and change the cams, cam gears, go for a larger exhaust aftermarket, performance intake, larger throttle body, larger compassity fuel rail for the larger injectors, fuel regulator, aftermarket tubular header. to liten up the vehicle, some remove the a/c, it takes up alot of space that can be used for an oil catch can better bov(blow off valve), front strut brace, and breather,u can also swap ur gas tank out for a eluminum tank, usually 5-7 gallons or stay stock and add an additional one in the trunk, of course ull need another fuel pump and hager as well as the hardware, the resivoirs under the hood can be swapped with eluminum ones, u can get a liteweight and thinner radiator, dnt need a/c fan, u can find 10" slim fans for replacement they also come in 12", with more power ull need stronger clutch and flywheel, u can also upgrade ur transmission gears to a stage 2 or 3 setup for more torque to handle the power. most of these upgrades are for power 500 and up, some can be mixed for less than 500. depends on how much u wanna spend, before doing anything id look up the parts u want and need make sure they work together and compare prices before u buy. Also if u dnt wanna change the turbo, then theres aftermarket cold-air intake, boost controler, larger exhaust. If u need any more imfo or help just send me an email, mbuffm9@netscape.net good luck, John  

tuner9069 tuner9069
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 12/04/10
08:40 PM

I, as well have a 91' talon tsi awd. the dsm vehicles do have a habbit of the parts being rather expensive, but u wnt have to do everything to the tranny and motor to increase the power. u can start with replacing the stock 1g exh. manifold with a 2g manifold,the 2g has larger exh. runners. as well as getting a maft translator ecm(dsm) link v3, and with gm maf, larger intercooler, larger intercooler piping, cold air intake, fuel pressure regulator,stronger clutch and flywheel id recommend ACT. also the walbro 255lph with install kit, coilovers, strut bars, swaybars, get a better boost guage, and forged internals.  

awdxtc awdxtc
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 03/19/11
07:44 AM

Well first of all vacuum is measured in in/hg not psi.  There are free mods you can do to in crease hp.  If it were me I would take a look at the upgrade sequence on www.buschurracing.com  

boostkrazyl1714 boostkrazyl1714
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/11
Posted: 05/03/11
08:59 AM

hey i also have the same car,im also new to this site and could'nt figure out how to post my own thread.im looking for dsm lovers in maryland.i cant seem to get my ride started and im just livid with the whole thing ,so what i want to know is ..is there any generous people close by that could come to me and give me some help ? i'd love to meet some new dsm friends ..please somebody help...443-579-6091 my name is larry .plz call or text me if you are considering meeting up .that would greatly be appreciated.  

tjmo1593 tjmo1593
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/11
Posted: 11/30/11
03:02 PM

alright i got a question for you guys, i am looking for a new car and need someone elses input on whether the car i am looking at is worth it or not. it is a 1997 eagle talon tsi awd with 113,000 miles on it, its has a 14b turbo. a fresh new top end rebuild at 108,000 miles.it needs a new ecu, windshield, and power steering pump. full 3 inch exhaust, new tires with kyb racing struts lowered with camber kit from les schwab, and an awd alignment. just seeing if it is worth my time and effort and the 3700 the guy wants for it.  

Z.fokkema Z.fokkema
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/24/12
07:43 AM

I don't mean to jump into anyone's post or questions but I have a gen1 talon that is missing a turbo. I'm doing an engine rebuild and I hit the car from an auction and the turbo is missing. So is there a place where I can get an inexpensive turbo or if anyone is selling one. I really appreciate you taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you.  

tina.wmx tina.wmx
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 08/05/14
02:44 AM

If you or your friends need turbochargers or turbocharger spare parts, please feel free to contact me. Thank U.  

E-Mail: tina.wang@jiamparts.com